Thursday, December 2, 2010

Handmade Christmas Presents


It is a well-known fact amongst my friends that I get excited way too easily about stuff.  Working at a craft store has not done anything to cull that.  I already scrapbook, crochet, and knit.  Now I want to learn how to use a sewing machine, work with clay, and make wire jewelry.  My employee discount is not doing much to lessen the total of money I am spending because I just end up buying more than I originally would have. 
This year I declared that everyone would be getting something handmade for the holidays.  I started working on presents back in October and I am finally almost done.  I have made plushies, scarves, and a bikini.  The Luna Lovegood scarf, a stuffed octopus, and the Christmas angel cthulhu are some of the ones I am most proud of.  There is a week and a half left until my party and I am scrambling to finish the presents.  I have two more basic scarves, a beanie, and a plushie Serenity airship from Joss Weadon’s Firefly left to finish.  Unfortunately, I still have to buy the yarn for one of the scarves and the beanie. 
It seems that all of the stores that sell yarn in Santa Clarita are low on yarn.  Beverly’s, Walmart, and Michaels do not have what I need, but I am not quite desperate enough to drive half an hour out to Joanne’s yet.  I know Beverly’s is not getting a new yarn shipment until the Monday after my party, so that is completely useless.  Hopefully I will be able to drop by the Michaels in Chula Vista when I go kidnap my Sweetie next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment